Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Including the Kitchen Sink

It is official. My buyer is not buying a home where the kitchen has been stolen. I would like to tell you this is a no-brainer, but for whatever reason it wasn't.

My buyer tried her best to explain to me why she wanted to make this sale work. The lender tried his best to convince underwriting that this was a "cheap fix." And, only because it is my job, I tried my best to explain to the selling agent why when one is selling a home where a kitchen has been advertised, there are certain expectations that go along with it. Such as, the price reflects the permanent installation of a kitchen sink, subsequent plumbing, counters and cabinets. And one should expect a significant decrease in price if these items (and probably more) are missing.

Nobody budged, much to my buyer's frustration. So we are back to looking at homes in questionable neighborhoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment