Monday, August 28, 2017

Making People Twitchy

A Lake. In Michigan.
The best way to get busy in a commission-only sales job is to plan some sort of trip. At least that's the theory I live under. Buckaroo and I are going to help out Mr. Reader Number Two in a few weeks. He is currently staying close to the middle knuckle of the index finger of the mitten in Michigan--it's really a place. If you want something more accurate, find Detroit on a map, and then look about 200ish miles North.

As soon as I bought my plane tickets, my phone lit up. I am blessed with work, mind you. But now I am also busy with work. This is nothing new. I have gone places before. I have backup agents who will help me. I will have internet and cell service. I have been in more precarious places than a cottage next to a lake and done business.

Uncle Sunshine lives in a remote island in the Gulf of Mexico. For the first few years I sold real estate, there wasn't a cell tower on the island. Then there was a cell tower, Hurricane Charlie knocked over--which netted the same result. I had to wade out into the ocean, until the waves hit my knees, face due Northeast, hold my right hand over my head and catch every third word my caller was saying.

People all over the world take trips here and there. However, clients get twitchy when they find out I am leaving town for a few days. I understand, I was that twitchy person too one time. But my home closed. And their's will too--even if I am not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment