Friday, November 24, 2017

Creative Travel

Image result for bed sheet forts
Admit it, this looks like fun.
  I just talked to my brother about our upcoming trip to visit him in California. I explained we had to buy a stove today--though it was a bargain, on clearance even!--but it killed our measly savings account. I explained that the trip to The Getty or Knotts Berry Farm or a day trip to Solvang, might not be happening.

He shared with me that on top of our stove purchase, they needed a dishwasher. However, my sister-in-law is on medical leave for the next several months, so any major appliance purchase on their end was on hold. Additionally we could nix taking a trip to the beach, as she cannot travel.

But, no matter what, they just wanted us to visit. That works well for us, because we still wanted to come. In the end we decided I would bring paper plates and a few extra sheets. We would then make a fort in his living room and just play cards inside the fort for a few days.

Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment