Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Relax and Breathe

So this morning I was calling everyone under the sun making sure this sale with the Veterans is on track. I called the loan processor who gave me a one-word grunt, and did nothing to make me feel better. I explained there is more than likely a Cure Notice coming. Another grunt.

I called the title officer. And may I just say, she's amazing! She updated me. She said she had been talking with the selling side and smoothing things over on my client's behalf, even though I had never met this woman or worked with her before. In fact, while we were chatting the junior selling agent wrote her, cc'ing her on an e-mail to the sellers. "It's all good. Friday's a holiday. Look for this to close Monday," the title officer read me.

"That doesn't sound like a Cure Notice is coming." I said.

"No," she agreed. Maybe I am in the clear.

Just to be double-safe, I called one of the two agents who had been handling this sale. The junior agent on the transaction repeated what I had just heard in her e-mail. Friday is a holiday. This can happen next Monday. Your sale will go through. She told me she told the sellers to relax and breathe. From everything she said, it didn't sound like a Cure Notice was coming, but I hadn't talked to the other co-agent. He was the one I was concerned about.

It turns out the agent I was concerned about is no long in employ with this brokerage as of this past Monday. So essentially, the junior agent is handling everything. That would be the agent I had just spoken with. It also means that the agent who would have issued the Cure Notice probably doesn't care any more.

I didn't realize until after I hung up how relieved I was to find out a Cure Notice wasn't coming. The ramifications from one showing up were horrible. But right now, I think I am going to take the seller's junior agent's advice. Relax and breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment