Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Business Plan

Though it would be really nice to go into 2018 blindly, and just sell what I sell, it isn't feasible. So, every year around this time I come up with a business plan. I am the only one at my office who does this. But I have to tell you, the years I have taken the hour or two to figure out how much I need to make and what my projected expenses and taxes would be, have been much more productive than the years I haven't.

Simply, it looks like for us to achieve our goals next year (including, in case this hasn't come up, buying a car), I need to sell between 10-13 homes. I sold six this year (so far), and I only worked four months, so I know it is doable. Of course, if I don't hit my goal the world doesn't end. Marty has a job and carries our insurance.

Incidentally, here are our goals: a car (did I mention that?), being able to pay for Polly's tuition, a few various things that need to be done around the home and some travel that we expect to do. In addition, we want to have at minimum least three month's living expenses in the bank--just in case. 2019 will bring different goals. Baby steps.

My income since 2007 or so was sucked into the now-defunct accidental business. This year it went to taking care of lingering accidental business garbage. So, starting in 2018 I can actually take what I make and put it towards our future, that is, AFTER the car.

Even starting at $0, it is nice to be in a position to look forward to some healthy pursuit instead of the former dysfunctional world of suck that I was stuck in.


No comments:

Post a Comment