Thursday, August 16, 2018

Cancelled

A while ago I wrote about a home where the owners had been in contact with me to sell. I had spoken to the husband on Tuesday, he said, "We are listing it with you in August." Two days later the wife wrote me and said they hired an agent and it was for sale and may I please drop dead. Ok, she just implied that last part. I had originally sold them this home and as I recall, the wife was a nightmare when they bought it.

Then I posted the self-righteous bad MLS pictures of the house on this blog, because I am that kind of bitter. I also watched the listing, as the price dropped $25,000 from its original asking price. It needed to drop another $15,000 in my opinion. Given they didn't get an offer, I am guessing the general public agreed with me.

The MLS description of the home started off with how close the house was to Interstate 17 and also mentioned there were solid wood doors inside. Don't believe me? Here is the text:

"NORTH PHOENIX CLOSE to Hwys 17 and 101 * NO HOA * SINGLE STORY * Wanted: NEW OWNERS to make it their Home! * RV GATE * 2 CAR GARAGE * HUGE almost 10k sq.ft. LOT * Sought after DEER VALLEY SCHOOLS! * Beautiful solid natural wood interior doors *"

The listing never mentioned the bedrooms, bathrooms or kitchen. Nor is there a mention of the living room or family room. Also, in the private remarks of the listing--the area only other real estate agents see--it said owner was unwilling to allow a lockbox, and therefore they were going to be home for all showings (and subsequently follow the buyers around). The self-righteous brat in me just can't imagine why this place didn't sell immediately.

Anyway, the listing was cancelled this week. Polly asked what exactly "cancelled" meant in this context. I explained the agent was fired. Or, perhaps she fired them.

Actually, I am quite certain most of the reason this home hasn't sold has more to do with the owners' life choices and less to do with their agent--but I guarantee I could have written better prose and my pictures would have been more attractive. But then again, I would have been the one who would have been fired. I haven't heard from the owners, nor do I expect to. I wish them all the best. Well, actually, I wish the husband all the best. I wish the wife just rode her broom into the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment