Monday, August 13, 2018

Planning For Work

There are two phases of a real estate professional's job. Working and looking for work. The looking for work takes about six months or so of open houses, marketing, hand shaking, talking to people and then suddenly, if all that works right, a client appears!

The working part usually only lasts for four to eight weeks (sometimes less in this market). It consists of looking at the three homes available that meet my buyer's criteria. Having them not believe they will be in a bidding war, and then have me write a low-ball offer (no matter what Zillow says). Once they lose out on the first home, they become more realistic and actually get an offer into escrow. If I represent a seller, it consists of a few other things but the process doesn't take as long.

At the moment, I am don't have any active clients. I have a lender who wants to partner with me for some advertising. I have Scott, my graphic artist, ready to tackle my sorry web site. I also have a few lookie-loos right now who may, possibly, maybe want to buyer or sell when the time is right. I am ok with that.

I closed four homes in six weeks. Honestly, that's a lot for a small time frame. I was gone part of that time and I was sick. Neither of my challenges slowed down my clients' needs. So, to be fair, I could use a mini-breather. Buck and Polly are starting school and that comes with its own types of challenges. There are also life-things that need to be addressed and now there is time. In addition, I have a few behind the scenes real estate business items (accounting, taxes, filing) to take care of. I should be complete with that stuff in plenty of time to hit up Mrs. Hufflepuff or El Jefe and ask them if I can hold their homes open in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment