Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Closing Day



Doug the Favored Felon closed on his condo today. He was downright giddy when I gave him and his lady friend the key. I also gave him a Christmas wreath and a fire extinguisher as a housewarming gift. Our family fire marshall tells me the one I bought was for kitchen fires only. At any rate, Doug the Favored was gracious.

I skedaddled as quickly as I could after giving him the key for two reasons. First, I got the distinct impression Doug and his lady friend wanted a moment alone to explore their new home. And second, I wanted to cash my commission check before the bank closed. So, a win-win for all involved.

True story: the agent who sold us our very first house 20 years ago gave us a fire extinguisher as a housewarming gift. I recently found it and was told (again by the family fire marshall) that it was "the wrong kind" and "out of date." Please check your fire extinguishers. What? You can't find your fire extinguisher to check it? That's easy, please go get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment