Friday, December 21, 2018

The Committees

I selected two committees.

The Community Outreach Committee: It was a no-brainer for my skill set. Back in the olden days before social media, I did this kind of a thing for a living. Also, it was the committee I was originally asked to join. So, there's that. Plus, I wouldn't mind helping a few people along the way.

The Grievance Committee: I am kind of excited about this one. It is the agent-to-agent arbitration committee (when two agents squabble or there is a code of ethics violation, it goes to this panel). There is a bit of mandatory training that comes with this, such as refresher crash-course law, contract and agency classes. My hope is this committee will make me a better agent.

I passed on the Professional Standards Committee. I wasn't terribly interested and my realtor friend Sally (yep, that's her name) had been on the committee at one time and gave me a few horror stories. I am sure the other two committees will also have their cliques too. But I haven't heard horror stories about them. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment