Friday, November 15, 2019

No Thank You

While the mandatory training was going on at the association, at the same time the Community Outreach Committee was holding a shred-a-thon, where folks could bring valuable but old documents to the assocation and they were shredded. Because I had this schedule conflict, I did not sign up to help with the shred-a-thon.

However, at one of the breaks I walked out to check on how things were going and say hello. One of the committee members approached me. I smiled and said hello. And what do you know? He--a member from the SAME committee I am on!--thrusted a basket in front of me and asked me for a donation for the critical needs fund.

When I blankly looked at him with a confused, "Wait! You don't recognize me? We are on the SAME committee," look, he mistook it as I didn't know what the critical needs fund was, so he started explaining. Then, ANOTHER member of this SAME committee joined in, because she though OUR committee member was tanking with his pitch and I clearly didn't understand.

I just replied with a, "no thank you," and walked back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment