Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Well, Shucks

Ms. Rabbit
Today is the Community Outreach Meeting. Unfortunately, I managed to get a last minute doctor's appointment for the exact time as the meeting. What are the odds I could call the doctor yesterday and insist they find an opening for exactly 9 a.m. today?

Fate!

Fate I tell you!

I am sure I can find a creative way to miss next month's meeting too, so I am unofficially done with this bunch of yahoos. If this means I can't teach at the Association in the future, I will just have to figure it out. But as my favorite coffee/tea-date friend said on Sunday, "Life is too short for toxicity."* She has always been right and there is no reason to doubt her wisdom now.

For as excited as I was to make a difference with this committee, it has been a total letdown. I think the mission is wonderful. On the plus side, I got a lot of fodder for stories and life experiences I can use.

One last note, I mentioned a few months ago they had a grant they had to use for the common good. I had thrown out there perhaps using it to shade a few playgrounds. However, the woman in the meeting who looked like Jessica Rabbit (Butch never looked at her face the entire time, but he was smiling!) said that some random intersection was ugly and they could use the grant money for a few art pieces to make it beautiful. Butch was totally on board with that, and without a vote, the suggestion passed.

I missed last month's meeting and took a moment to read the minutes. Apparently last month Ms. Rabbit came up with an even better idea. She suggested they find a way to shade a playground and what do you know!? The committee voted and passed the idea unanimously! Awesome!



*I may be paraphrasing, but you get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment