Monday, November 11, 2019

Turns Out My Dignity is Worth An Awful Lot

So my realtor pal, Sally called me. She had a dilima and asked my opinion.

Once we got through her story, she then asked how I was doing. At the time, I was reviewing Dawn and Landon's comps, wondering if they would even believe me if I showed them how much their home was worth. There are other properties nearby that sold for much more, but they are much, much nicer. I knew when I broke the news, they wouldn't belive me and probably fire me or keep me on and let the chips fall where they may. But no matter, they wouldn't believe me and they would act like asses about it. I told Sally as much.

The more I talked about it, the more I realized there was no good ending if I went forward with these yahoos. We aren't dependent upon my income. I don't need them as my clients. Plus, how much is my dignity worth?

As soon as I got off the phone, I wrote the following letter.

Dear Landon and Dawn,

It has become increasingly clear that our goals are not mutual. In order to best be of service, I am respectfully stepping back as your agent so that you can find someone who can better serve your needs. Per the Real Estate Agency and Election Agreement you signed, all that you have told me is confidential for perpetuity, but the rest of my duties are hereby terminated.

As you have entrusted me with your keys, I have removed them and my lockbox from your property and am sending them back to you so that you can effectively determine your best course of action.


Thank you for allowing me this opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment