Monday, September 28, 2020

Upheaval

Our flooring is half done. And... the crew that was supposed to put in the carpeting today walked out before they even showed up. 

In anticipation of them coming today, we cleaned out the six rooms they were carpeting. When I say "clean out," I mean we pulled most everything out of those rooms, including furniture, knick-knacks, electronics, etc. My office is spotless for the first time in 17 years, only because it is empty. All our worldly possessions are in the garage, front room, kitchen or on the back porch. 

Last night, Marty slept on my recliner chair in our bedroom (the bed was disassembled) and I slept on Buckaroo's spare mattress in the front room while Luna took over half of it. Unfortunately, she took the middle half, leaving me 1/8 on the remaining four sides. 

Marty did not work today--we had no Internet. I didn't work either. I was busy having big-syllable words with those carpet folks who picked up their phones. Those who didn't answer, got vague threats on their voice mails. Then there was a sweet scheduler in Clackamas Oregon that I might have upset. I really do feel bad about that. Maybe she shouldn't have told me it might be a couple weeks before they can get to me. Maybe I could have been slightly more understanding. But I wasn't. 

Our internet is back up. Our mattresses are down in our respective rooms. We have one working shower, as the other bathrooms are filled with furniture we didn't want to haul up and down stairs. Our clothes are still in drawers in the front room. The garage is a hoarder's paradise, with boxes and bookshelves scattered willy-nilly. 

Luna is loving all the extra attention. Finn is beside himself and is letting us all know how much he disapproves of this upheaval. Maybe I should've let him talk to the carpet people instead. 






No comments:

Post a Comment