Wednesday, September 23, 2020

I Worked Last Week

I got a call from Evie last week. A few years ago I sold her a home. She now wants to sell that home and build. Could I help her? 

With nothing but a clear schedule in front of me, I met her last Friday at her hobby farm in the FAR Southeast Valley. Also, at Evie's request, I took a peek at her parent's home. They want to sell too. However they weren't there. Selling Evie's house will be much simpler than selling her parents--if I get the listing. 

Evie isn't doing anything about selling her home for at least a month. Her parents? Not sure how long that will be. 

After all that, I swung by Client-Steve's new-build to check on the progress. He is currently out of town, so I sent him a few pictures. As always, Steve was incredibly gracious and generous with his gratitude. I adore this dude. He is such a delight to work with. He said he will be in town this weekend with his pal, Patti. I am hoping for a chance to visit with them. 

However, as I write this, we are on day three of a major remodel project. Yesterday Umburto, the head of the remodel, gave me the news: they would be going on this all weekend. I could tell he wasn't any more excited to say that than I was to hear it. So I am not sure seeing Steve this weekend is in the cards. 

To give you an idea of "major remodel," yesterday I picked up chicken for lunch. Then Marty, Buckaroo  and I had a picnic on Polly's bed, using washcloths from the linen closet as napkins. Then we took our trash out the front door and around to the back yard to throw it away. We also brought the dog with us outside, so she could leave my bedroom and take care of business. The soiled washcloths were put in Polly's laundry. She wasn't home, as she has an aversion to jackhammers. And she was even less thrilled when she found out chicken was served on her pillow. I promised her we would change it up. Today's lunch would be served on Buck's pillow. Eventually we will have a kitchen/downstairs bathroom and possibly laundry facilities (the stove and washer/dryer are in the garage right now). But for now we are living a hoarder's dream as two floors of the home are fulling inoperable and all of our worldly possessions are either in the garage or shoved into the master bedroom (along with the dog and cat) or Buck's bedroom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment