Thursday, September 10, 2020

Gratuitous Blog Fodder

My youngest brother is an unusual sort of soul. Granted, he has sired one of my most favorite humans. Let's not forget that. And though I would rather tell you how wonderful my nephew is, this post isn't about the greatest seven year old to walk the planet. 

Actually this post it isn't about my brother either--other than he keeps interesting company. Case in point: when he and I were living together when I was in my early 20s, he had a friend who had "dreams" of serial killers using swords to cut off their intended's head. Friend shared with me his graphic dreams, smiling a drippy kind of creepy smile the entire time. Then he told me about how one serial killer in question has to jump dimensions to escape the authorities. But, no fear! This guy knows where he is hiding and intends to blackmail him. It was at that point, I sweetly asked Little Bro, not to have this wackjob friend back over to our house. 

Anyway, jumping ahead 30+ years, Little Bro has another friend, John, who I have only heard about for the past quarter of a century. I have suspected on a few occasions that Little Bro has purposely kept us apart, for fear of me initiating an intervention. 

Until now. 

And I might still initiate an intervention. 

Tomorrow morning, I have a real estate consultation with John. Though he seems perfectly nice and I (no longer) question my brother's taste in humans, there are still some major warnings about what kind of client John might turn out to be. I spoke to John on the phone for quite a long time yesterday. I can see that if I actually get to list this house, it will be a multi-step process complete with a drain on my sanity. Consider yourself warned. 



No comments:

Post a Comment