Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Lesson Learned

Two interesting and probably related events happened last month in my world of (not) teaching real estate. First, because I was busy babysitting my nephew 8 to 10 hours a day, I did not audition to teach at the local realtor association. Honestly, I didn't want to handle the 15 minute audition through a zoom conference. Plus, watching/homeschooling a 7 year old is a lot of work and a lot more fun. 

My boss, Beth, is on the committee. I am too, but I didn't make the meeting for the same reason I didn't audition: Nephew. The next day, unsolicited, Beth sent me the following random text: 

"You are going to wish you auditioned yesterday. We had 2 auditions on Tuesday and they only had to do 15 minutes. Going forward all have to do the full three hours for an audition."

Let me just say, I don't see the committee sitting through many three hour auditions for potential teachers. And if they are willing to, the more power to them. I won't be sitting thought that or auditioning under those circumstances either. 

However, that brings up the second event: there has not been an invitation from Beth to teach this month or next. Honestly, that's ok too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment