Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Maybe I Can Tell Him After 25 Years

I got a text from JC Monday afternoon. After consulting with their financial planner of 25 years, a man he trusts with his life (JC's words), they have decided not to take on a mortgage at this phase of their lives. It would be too much of a burden. Therefore, they will not be moving. 

Translation: the $900 a month land lease on the property they were looking at wasn't factored into their initial budget and Carley--who hated the house JC wanted--finally explained to JC the house wasn't for her. 

However, they would do better if they purchased something, even in this phase of life. It would be less expensive than what they are paying in rent. I didn't explain the above to them. They aren't ready to hear that from me. 

On another note, I was invited over once the pandemic subsided. I happily accepted the invite. They really are nice folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment