Thursday, November 12, 2020

I Worked-ish This Week

I had a 30 second chat with Steve earlier this week about his upcoming home. Then we talked for 30 minutes about the weather, what he is up to these days, what I'm currently reading (A Nero Wolfe book and "The Art of War."), how our 80 year old parents are doing and other innocuous current affairs. We ended with he and I wishing each other well and promising to stay in touch when there was more to tell about his home. 

The Fair Housing class I took this week made my eye twitch, as the teacher was more political than he needed to be and did not keep the class on topic. Additionally, the class monitor thought she was having a private instruction instead of watching the students to ensure they kept their camera on and continued to ask obscure questions. We have all been in those types of situations where that one person (the Monitor) tells a ten minute tale that could be summed into something like, "One time my grandfather thought he was being discriminated against because he was a Welsh kale farmer and what should he have done?" When the answer was provided the Monitor kept pressing. But the teacher didn't reel her in to let the instruction continue. I got credit for the class. Plus, I learned a lot of personal tid-bits about Welsh kale farming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment