Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Job Hunting

There are bizarre decisions being made in the Sunshine home. For one thing, how can I bring in a small income to pay for a few necessities: such as airplane tickets to visit friends around the country. Generally this is done with real estate work, but there isn't a ton of that right now. 

I've started applying for freelance writing jobs. When I first started doing so, I didn't realize I actually had to submit a bit of writing to go with the application. It has been that long since I've been in the workforce, it simply didn't occur to me that would be necessary, though I can probably dig something up. 

Jane has suggested applying as a transaction coordinator. There are a few major challenges with that. First, to do so, I have to close down my brokerage and go work for whatever brokerage hires me. That isn't necessarily an issue, but I have a property in escrow and two potential listings coming up in the next few months. So, closing down takes some doing. I also have to alert the AZ Department of Real Estate and do whatever they suggest I do. 

The second major challenge with the above is that when I join a different brokerage, I get a different commission split. I like my commission split with myself. And third, transaction coordinators make about $300 a sale and have to deal with disorganized, moody and entitled salespeople. I've watched the craziness Jane went through when she worked for Mrs. Hufflepuff. Jane was a heck of a lot more patient than I would have been. 

I've also looked at mortgage and title insurance jobs. I have a few friends in the industry and I might know a few things about this kind of work. However, I have to turn my real estate license into the State if I want to do either. That means I can't sell anything--not that I'm having much luck right now anyway, but I'm not ready to let go. 

Finally, I could teach more. Possibly. So far, Beth is silent on inviting me to teach--though I haven't reached out to her either. I really hate zoom classes. And honestly, being a transaction coordinator pays more and I would be dealing with a lot more moody and entitled salespeople all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment