Sunday, May 15, 2022

Alphonse

And I thought driving through Dallas would be a chore!

Buckaroo and I are currently in El Paso. We are grateful we have made it thus far. Alphonse, the minivan, has been a bit persnickety. And because of that, our plans have changed. Buck will no longer have a vehicle when he gets to Mesa. Why? Because the check engine light has been on since Abilene. The "This Vehicle Requires Maintenance" warning has been flashing since we changed time zones. And the AC doesn't like us very much when we go up a hill--which, oddly enough there are several in the 797 miles I've driven today. 

And by the way, in case there's any doubt in my opinion between hot-heat and humidity-hot, I will take humidity-hot! It was 109 when we stopped for gas in Pecos at 5 p.m. tonight. 

On a positive note, I ate real Mexican food tonight for dinner--even if it was tacos. They were tasty. And we will be spending tomorrow with Mrs. Meadows in Nowhere Arizona--provided Alphonse cooperates. 

My brother Squirrel and Marty are making a grand effort to find one of the three mechanics we like in Maricopa County to take Alphonse to when I arrive Tuesday afternoon. Hopefully we can get him in tip-top shape for the drive home. If that doesn't work, and you have a mechanic you can recommend who can work in a Toyota Sienna and get him up and running correctly by Friday, please hit me up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment