Friday, May 27, 2022

The Great Bathroom Remodel is Fix'n To Be Soon

I came home from Arizona to great news. The hall bathroom remodel is happening next week. Probably. Like most events in the South* the timeline is kind of nebulous and left for interpretation. But from what I understand from Mr. Ben, the plumber, we are set for Tuesday afternoon. 

The bathroom remodel has been five months in the making. When I went house hunting last December, I had five properties to choose from. Even without a working tub/shower in the hall bath, this was by far the best of the lot. 

The big challenge was simply finding someone to do the level and quality of work I wanted. I got three bids. 

Bid 1 offered to put the new bathtub in, but wouldn't install tile around the outside of the bathtub. For that, I was on my own and no, they had no idea where I could find someone who could help me. 

Bid 2 offered to put the bathtub in and install a fiberglass surround. I don't want a fiberglass surround. I want tile. This is a tile bathroom kind of neighborhood.

Bid 3--Mr. Ben.--was willing to pull out the old tub, put in the new (letting me select what I wanted for a tub) and was bringing in Mr. Tony to handle the tile work. 

Mr. Tony has been the outlier. Apparently he is so talented, that he is booked up far in advance. At the time I contracted the bathtub (January), Mr. Tony was scheduled out until next week. Hopefully he is only scheduled out until next week. I haven't exactly gotten confirmation he is coming after Mr. Ben to finish the tile. My last text from Mr. Ben said, that Mr. Tony "probably" could start next week. 

*Texarkana Texas does not, in any way, think they are part of the South, and to suggest otherwise is akin to blasphemous. Four miles East of here, in Texarkana Arkansas, those residents are proud to be Southern and brag about their lineage. I have news for the Texarkana Texas folks. This Yankee knows Southern when she sees it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment