Wednesday, May 11, 2022

I Have the Hair I Always Wanted in 1983

 I've been hearing for months about how horrible the Texas heat happens to be. Yea, maybe. But I come from Arizona, where the outside temps are measured in the shade. 

"But you don't have to deal with humidity in Arizona..." tends to be everyone's counter. 

True. Arizona summers are like living in a blast furnace. 

This week our AC went out. And let me just go off on this tangent: home warranties are worthless. I knew that when we were offered one when we were buying the house. I knew that when I insisted the HVAC be serviced prior to close of escrow. I knew that when the home warranty company ignored the fact my AC went out this week. I knew that when the same company refused my claim today. I knew that when I had a polite conversation with the home warranty representative today who says there is nothing they will do. It doesn't change the fact I'm still pissy about it and willing to raise hell. But then again, I don't have a lot of hobbies. Anyway, with our without the home warranty company's blessing (and I'm still hoping with) we are getting a new unit this week. 

But, back to the "Texas heat." I think I prefer humidity to Arizona heat. Yes, it is hot and humid. But it is tolerable. I have a couple of fans on me right now, the shades are drawn and I have a cold drink. When the HVAC went out in Arizona, we lived in the pool and at the mall. At night we shipped the kids to friends' houses and Marty and I stayed in a motel. So, this is much better. 

My biggest complaint about the humidity is my hair has become a frizzy mess. Given I've always had straight, fine and thin hair, this curly mop on my head is a bit of a change. After I get it cut next week, perhaps I will feel different about it. 

I asked Polly her opinion about the two types of heat. She said she prefers the Texas heat to the Arizona heat. I do too. It is manageable. And at least there's hope everything will cool off when the sun goes down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment