Saturday, May 7, 2022

Random Texarkana

After the pest control person dropped the bomb about snakes in the area, I asked Tessa if, when she spoke with the former owner of my home, would she pretty please, ask if they ever might have seen a snake, possibly, anywhere on the property. 

Tessa, ever pragmatic, simply answered, "Other than an occasional copperhead, I doubt it."

That did nothing to calm my nerves about the whole possible snake thing. Tessa then discovered I have a bit of a phobia and promised to call the owner and find out with utmost certainty if there have been any past snake sightings at this particular house. 

Meanwhile, I am asking Marty to put down another layer of Snake-Away. It is probably cheaper than packing up and moving again. 

___________

The four bedroom home across the street went on the market. My brother Squirrel put an offer on it. He had the inspections done. All was good. Squirrel and his bride were thrilled. I was thrilled. My nephew Patrick would soon be living across the street! Unfortunately, life doesn't always go the way we expect and Squirrel and his bride pulled out of the deal. 

Squirrel and his bride promise to move here at a later date. Therefore, I won't tell him about Tessa's "occasional copperhead" comment.  You see, Squirrel suffers from the the whole snake phobia thing too. 

 ___________


I just finished up at five week sewing class. It was a blast! This was the kind of thing I fantasied I would be able to do once I sorta retired. Well, that and read books (booyah!) 

I would like to tell you I'm a rock star seamstress now. But, just like knitting, I work best with flat, rectangular patterns--like these awesome pillowcases. My mother is getting married in July and these are her wedding gift. Hopefully her marriage will be less tumultuous than that %&*!#@$ yellow pillowcase.  



No comments:

Post a Comment