Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Back Home

Buck and I left El Paso at 4 a.m. and managed to make it home around 6:30 last night. That's a pretty good run for 800 miles. Though I wasn't expecting this to be the case, I ended up driving the entire way. The last 70 miles or so, Buck played all the 1980s heavy metal he could find to keep me awake. I don't know what surprised him more, that I knew the words, or I started making requests.  

It took us more than two hours to drive through Dallas because of traffic, accidents, road closures and a GPS with a sick sense of humor. However, I doubt the traffic was any heavier than driving through Phoenix. The difference being, I can get anywhere in Maricopa County without navigating a freeway if I have to. I just need to learn Dallas/Fort Worth roads.  

I slept 8 hours last night, but it is 8:30 right now and I think I'm going to take a quick nap before I start my day. Polly said she'd listen for the sprinkler guy and show him what he needs to do if/when he shows up this morning. Hopefully I will be caught up on my sleep by this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment