Wednesday, September 14, 2022

The Little Rock Run

Wednesday, ahead of Friday's potential national railroad strike, I snuck away to Little Rock to restock our freezer. I'm not sure it is worth it right now, as the price of meat has gotten so high, that even Costco is getting too pricy for us. Plus, I didn't even buy chicken. They were all out. Tell me, when has Costco ever run out of chicken before?  

On the way back, I did find a hidden gem: a Cheeba Hut. Cheeba Hut is a sandwich shop Buckaroo has been mourning since we left Mesa. It turns out it is a franchise and there just happens to be one in Little Rock. I was able to bring back three sandwiches for the gang for dinner. 

I got back just in time for my writer's meeting. This group isn't as cohesive as my other group. But they gave me great feedback. I'm entering my chapter in a contest this week. If I win, I might have the money to make another Costco run some time in the future. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment