Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Bummer for Them

Remember those Midwest folks from a couple of weeks ago who wanted to buy a house? They couldn't keep their story straight and might have omitted some pretty specific details about their lives, which caused them not to buy a home? You know, the ones who went out with another agent to find a rental home after conveniently forgetting the truth when I took them out to buy? Yea, those folks.

Well, those folks are also selling their home in the Midwest by themselves, because real estate agents cost too much. They are saving a bundle I am sure! However, they had a teensy hiccup with their sale and called me today. They had questions that only a real estate agent could answer. And, given I am one, why not ask me? Certainly I wouldn't mind.

Just for the record, I minded.

Anyway, my answer was for them to call their attorney (who I am sure will be happy to answer their question at his hourly rate). I am not licensed in their state nor have I been hired to represent them. And frankly, they got themselves into this mess, not my problem. Okay, I didn't add those last two sentences, because Karma and civility need to be practiced even with those who don't deserve it. But darn! I sure thought it.

Anyway, their sale is swirling quickly out of control. It is causing stress. And by the way, they lost the rental home they were looking at here--because, I was told, the agent they used didn't go to bat for them. With all of the drama, they have one added feature: no place to live here and they are about to be homeless there. Good luck to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment