Sunday, October 14, 2018

Hanging Out with the Felons

So Dee and her Merry Band of Felons are branching out. I am grateful for the work, and the Felons are very nice folks. Dee, instead of buying homes for Felons to rent, is encouraging the Felons to buy their own homes. So far she has three who are looking. I am the agent.

This past weekend Dee wasn't available so I met with the felons to look at homes. But before I look at homes, I always have a pre-home buying clinic, explaining all the stuff (if it wasn't a violation of their parole and were allowed to be on the Internet and see for themselves) Zillow says is wrong. Two of the felons were there, and one of them wanted to look at properties. Now, even though these are nice folks and I have never felt the least bit threatened, I am certainly not stupid. Marty came with me. He is a licensed agent, so I had a cover. But I am pretty sure the Felons would have been shocked if I had shown up by myself.

We looked at two homes. One was 600 square feet, overpriced and under contract (but he really, really, wanted to see it). The other was in such horrid shape, there are no words. There aren't even bad MLS pictures to share, because the agent hasn't bothered, or isn't able to take pictures. The good news is we are well aware of the condition of the roof because it rained like crazy. It needs a new one.

Nothing but goodwill game from Saturday's outings. But that is usually where these adventures start.


No comments:

Post a Comment