Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Appraisal Class

A week ago last Monday (October 21), I woke up with a jolt. I realized had totally forgotten to take my appraisal test scheduled on October 14. In my defense, the month of October has been six levels of crazy. In fact, it has been so crazy that even with the test on my calendar I still forgot to show up and did not think twice about it for another week.

Anyway, I hadn't studied for my final or thought twice about it. So, once I realized it was still on my plate, I did spend part of two days cramming for the darn thing, hoping I could pull off a passing grade. Finally last Wednesday, sick of the entire ordeal and frustrated by getting the covenants of a joint tenancy deed wrong every time that practice question came up, I finally just dusted my knees and went over to the college ready to accept whatever my fate may be.

By the way, I passed the test just fine. Then again, there were no questions about the differences between joint tenancy and tenants in common deeds.

I am not sure I want to earn an appraisal license through an online computer course. It isn't cheaper or more expensive than going to the Arizona School of Real Estate, but it has the advantage of being able to do this at my leisure. However, I miss having discussions and discourse about course topics. That might be more important to me if I choose to pursue this further. It is something I will have to think about.




No comments:

Post a Comment