Wednesday, October 16, 2019

She's Not Living the Dream

So one of my realtor/investor/homeschool mom friends who now lives in another state contacted me. She wants to buy a single family home in the Valley for under $200,000. And could I please send her everything I could find? I promised her it wouldn't be much. But just like all optomisitc buyers everywhere, she didn't believe me.

I kind of went back and forth with her about this, with each passing comment countered in a true realtor/investor/homeschool mom way. I love this wonderful friend. Even if she is unrealistic. Here is kind of how the conversation went.

"I think your price might be slighly low. I just sold a 2 bedroom condo in Tempe for almost $200,000" I told her.

"I don't want a condo," was her sensible reply, but completely missed the point. THERE ISN'T ANYTHING FOR SALE.

"I believe you could find something in the $190,000 range in downtown Phoenix, like the 85007/85008 zip codes."

"I don't want downtown Phoenix. Too much crime." She said. Yes, true but even criminals need a place to live--though I didn't tell her that. I happen to agree. That's not where I would want to invest either. Nor do I want to show homes over there if I don't have to.

Personally, I doubt this will happen for her right now. At least here in the Phoenix area. That's too bad, because I would love to help her. She is a repeat client. She gives me referral business, now that she no longer lives here. She is a great friend and makes me smile. But no, she probably isn't buying a rental home in the Valley any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment