Thursday, October 17, 2019

Golly, Gosh, Darn

So we are down a car. This is rather unfortunate, because it requires a LOT of driving on my part to get people to places they need to go. Seriously, I put more than 350 miles on the car in 24 hours.

Alternatively, it means I have no transportation. Like right now. Right now I am sitting at home with a cat and a dog, while Buck is being picked up from school and summarily sentenced to attend Polly's music lesson, because Polly picked him up. Otherwise, Buck and I would both be at Polly's music lesson. However, I took the first shift and took Buck to school, Polly to the doctor, went to the bank and then came home and handed the keys off to Polly, who will then drop her brother off at home and go to school.

I need another car.

But I didn't need a car earlier this week! Why?? Well, shucks. As it turned out, because I had no transportation, I couldn't make the community outreach meeting. And what a bummer that turned out to be. I didn't get to hear snarky unprofessional comments from the leadership. I didn't watch in horror as those who wish to accomplish something, anything, were shut down for creative fresh ideas. I didn't get to mentally roll my eyes as this committee met for the sheer sake of existence.

And I don't regret it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment