Thursday, January 2, 2020

CJ Update

To the surprise of nobody, CJ and Carlie have decided to stay right where they are. They are in the process of convincing their landlord not to raise the rent next year if they agree to a 2 year lease. Frankly, even if they get a longer lease and the landlord raises the rent slightly again next year (this year she raised it the amount of the property tax increase) they will still be better off with a multi-year lease. I don't see this housing shortage changing significantly in the next year or so. It has been going on since around 2014.

I got a friendly text from CJ yesterday. It said something along the lines of, "Thanks for emailing us those homes, you can stop now. By the way, you have done nothing to help us. So long." I am paraphrasing, but that's the gist.

I am sorry he feels that way. I told the truth when I told him he had a good deal and to keep it. If that is "nothing," so be it. My conscience is clear. Anything short of "nothing," would not have been in their best interests.

The rest of the text, by the way, was a link to Carlie's online glass art business. She has some lovely pieces. CJ told me to let him or Carlie know if I was interested in any particular piece she had for sale. I was interested in a lot of them. However, they look much better on her Web site, than they do perched precariously on any shelf in my home where an overgrown puppy and a teen boy (and our spare teen boy) hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment