Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Mom Life

My "break" has looked nothing like the fun projects I envisioned. Instead, Monday, I drove all over the East Valley with a teenager in tow, taking care of his needs. We laughed. A lot. But it wasn't my down time.

Tuesday my day entailed holding back Polly's long blond hair as she suffered through the stomach flu. Then I drove all over the East Valley looking for Powerade and Pepto. Then there were more errands and chores. And then even more.

Today is Wednesday. This morning Marty asked me if I was officially starting my break today. Sure thing! Before 11:30, I have done two loads of laundry, baked a chicken and fresh rolls for lunch and washed the dog. Later I am taking Polly to the doctor. And even later than that, Buck has his internship with the Mesa Fire Department tonight and Polly and I are checking out a class at the gym--if she is up for it.

Don't get me wrong! I love my life. I like the quiet chores that come with no thanks whatsoever, but make my family happy (Ok, they DO thank me--sometimes). I like sitting around at lunch hearing stories of Buckaroo's fire fighter class and Marty's work. I love it when Polly comes home in the early afternoon with a tale from her job or some random adulting realization she had. I want to be needed. I have a fabulous family and I am grateful.  However, when I was envisioning a break from the craziness of the last three weeks of December, this isn't what I had in mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment