Monday, February 17, 2020

Business is Picking Up

As an introvert, I find the process of showing homes extraordinarily soul-sucking. I mean, it is part of the job. In fact, it is the most intrinsic part according to most folks who are buying a home. But it isn't, really. The phone calls, negotiations, contracts, and all the other behind the scenes is truly what the job is about. And please note, I am not complaining. I signed up for this. If all goes well, my kids will be able to satisfy their nasty grocery addiction.

However, I spent a good six months this past weekend showing homes. I had the fun kids who came in from out of town, we spent all day Sunday together. And I had the other fun kids on Saturday who live here. We were scheduled to see one home Saturday. Instead, we saw five. Today is Monday and the Saturday kids are back and don't want to be homeless. So, there is work to be done! Both sets of clients are great, but that is a lot of time to spend with mere acquaintances and have to be "on" my game.

Marty asked me when I was getting a day off. I think I have scheduled one for--and I am not making this up--March 6th. Hopefully my soul will last that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment