Sunday, February 23, 2020

My Mobile Office

I was on the road 7-ish hours on Wednesday. With nothing better to do than burn through my CDs and listen to election news, I fielded phone calls. Here is a sample of what I got.

1. My clients who have a house in escrow called. They hadn't heard from me in 24 hours. Was their home still in escrow? Yes. Yes it is. Did they need to do anything right then and there? No. No they didn't.

2. The loan officer involved with the above clients' home. He is from out of state and it was almost a deal breaker with the seller to use this guy. Plus, I am not getting the warm fuzzies from him. But, I didn't pick the loan officer. I just hope he can close the loan like I promised the selling agent he could.

3.  Jane. It was 20 degrees in her new city that morning. There was snow on the mountains and she found four coffee shops within 5 minutes from where she lives. She still works for Mrs. Hufflepuff (now remotely) and Mrs. H. was driving her nuts that day.

4. Various calls to Mrs. Meadows and the notary letting them know my ETA. Various calls from Mrs. M. and the notary announcing their ETA. The notary was coming from Stafford. Mrs. M. was coming from somewhere near Cochise Stronghold on the Dragoon Mountains. We were meeting in Benson.

5. My new Mexico Clients who aren't buying for a few months. They wanted me to know nothing has changed. They still aren't buying for a few months. Fortunately for me, they are really nice folks and talking to them makes me smile.

6. A colleague who thinks I am perfect for a job that I haven't applied for. The person hiring is a mutual acquaintance and wants to talk to me anyway.

7. One of Dee's felons. His mother is moving here and wants help finding a home.

8. My Broker Pal, Sally. She has a weird transaction and what did I think? What I really think is she specializes in weird home sales. But in this case, I told her how to file a grievance claim.

9. Beth, my boss from the school I teach at and I chatted. Beth will be out of town for a few days before our upcoming class. She wanted to make sure I was ok and ready to teach. I am. But, could I add the multiple counter-offer forms to my portion of the instruction? We covered how our presentation was going to go and other related topics. This particular conversation started around Benson AZ and ended by Piccacho Peak.

10. A very enthusiastic friend of one of my soon-to-be clients. This friend found THE home for my clients and would I please stop what I was doing right then and there and take care of this? The home in question isn't on the market. According to Friend, the seller (whose first language isn't English) thinks he is selling his home for about $100,000 less than market value. I highly doubted it, but there was no point in saying so. The seller also has a real estate agent. In addition, this enthusiastic Friend had already contacted my soon-to-be clients and wanted them to leave work RIGHT NOW and come see this house that is not on the market (and their agent--me--was on Interstate 10). Fortunately, my clients weren't biting that quickly. Plus, I happened to know my soon-to-be clients aren't buying just yet. However, friend isn't aware of this particular fact. I loved her enthusiasm and her willingness to be helpful. But I think her jumping in was just confusing the seller, his agent and my soon-to-be clients. I managed to calm down the Friend by the time I hit Gilbert. I managed to get the seller's agent and my soon-to-be clients on the same track by Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment