Saturday, February 29, 2020

There Will be No Hugging

It turns out Mrs. Hufflepuff is shopping for a new brokerage. Jane, her transaction coordinator, my friend of 46 years and now former resident of Arizona is part of this package. When I talked to Jane the other day, I said I would be happy to have Mrs. Hufflepuff work for me. But, there was a few non-negotiables Mrs. H. would need to know.

I don't have a free-standing or storefront sales office, conference room or any type of building. Nor will I be getting one. Any "sales meetings" would be at a coffee shop, and I'm not buying the coffee. There will be no squishy charities set up in the name of my brokerage. Politics, gossip and drama will never be tolerated. We will not hug. And don't ask me, under any circumstances, to join the Woman's Council of Realtors. In fact, as long as Mrs. Hufflepuff stayed out of my way, stayed out of legal trouble and paid me my cut, I would have no problem with this arrangement.

So, come on over.

This won't be happening. Mrs. Hufflepuff does not respect the way I do business. I don't want to be the center of attention or the largest brokerage in town. Nor, do I have the patience to handle her constant and super personal Facebook posts sales the way she does sales. And I darn well won't let her take selfies in my cluttered office. But because Jane would be coming along and I would get a transaction coordinator out of the whole thing, I might be willing to overlook a few of Mrs. H's idiosyncrasies for a week or two.

Note: a Transaction Coordinator is a real estate licensee who handles the contract and paperwork for an agent or brokerage. Though Jane is living in another state, she still holds an Arizona license and therefore can be a Transaction Coordinator for whatever brokerage she is affiliated with. In this day and age, what she does can be handled virtually, so she doesn't have to be here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment