Friday, February 12, 2021

Or Not

After careful consideration of real estate data, the local comparables, double-checking with my realtor-pal Sally, I (we) came to the conclusion that I can probably list this horse property for somewhere between $350,000 and $365,000. My client can expect multiple offers with a bidding war and my best guess is will probably get closer to $400,000 with the appraisal contingencies removed. 

And that's what I told my potential client. 

It turns out, my potential (and probably now former) client was highly unsatisfied that her 1,311 square foot, six-room home was only going to net that much. After all, there are bigger mega-ranches in the area selling a lot farther north of $600,000. What did I know? 

Well, I know I am probably losing that listing. But what she told me was there is now a "delay" and she will "call me in a few weeks" when she is ready to list. 

I guess that will teach me for bragging how I can price houses. Apparently I can't. 



No comments:

Post a Comment