Thursday, June 10, 2021

Agent Hunting

Lilly let me help her find a real estate agent. I posted on the super-secret real estate forum on Facebook, figuring someone from Tucson might want to jump at the chance to sell a half-million dollar horse property. What I got were a bunch folks who said, "I can." and then did not provide any way whatsoever for me to contact them. 

When I was discussing the overall lack of contact information at dinner, Polly asked if I had checked Facebook Messaging. Nope. I hate Facebook. I didn't even think of doing that. It didn't matter, of the people who replied, jumping up and down and saying they could help, only two of the several actually messaged me. 

Of the two, I did ask them to call. Both did. One guy was hungry. He and I had a lengthy discussion on what he could do to market this home (he looked up the old listing) and told me about the area and how to best find a buyer. In this market, fogging a mirror, not advertising door locks and critters at the house would be a start. He knew Tucson. He and I were able to talk shop in such a way that I could tell he was on the top of his game. He sent me a text telling me he would give me a referral and thanking me for considering him. 

Agent number two basically said, "Have her call me if she's interested." 

Did I mention this was a half-million dollar house?  

I also found a third agent through a friend of a friend. This agent has been selling as long as I had. She said a few of the right things as well, but she also told me she could take it or leave it. I told Lilly about her too. Lilly said, "I know her. She's semi-retired." 

Yea. She acted like it. 

Hopefully Agent One will work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment