Wednesday, June 16, 2021

It Closed

We closed  yesterday. Contractually, it should have closed Monday. My client has a wee bit of a temper and was frustrated. I don't blame her. But as the messenger, I wish she could have found a better outlet for her anger.  

We didn't close on Monday because weeks ago the loan processor went on vacation and forgot to send the buyer's loan to underwriting before she left. This was caught last Wednesday. LAST WEDNESDAY!!!!

We didn't close on Monday because the buyer was supposed to wire $50,000 to title but the woman at the bank heard $15,000 and nobody on the buyer side thought to double-check this until after 2 p.m., which is after the wire cut-off. 

We almost didn't close yesterday because--though at the County normally takes about an hour to record--it took from 11 a.m. until 4:45 yesterday to get confirmation it recorded. The buyer's agent was saying things like, "You should call the escrow company and see what the hold-up is..." as if: 1) I hadn't already and 2) his side hadn't caused the above drama and I was supposed to fix it. 

The escrow company told me they had no idea what the hold-up was either and had someone with a very important title after their name was calling the County to figure out why this was happening. I thanked them profusely for hanging on and helping make this happen. My escrow officer said nice things like, "You are always so great to work with," indicating she too was sick of the buyer-side people in this sale. 

My client was calling and/or texting me every hour. I felt helpless. My client was asking, "why?" and I told her I wouldn't speculate on the hold-up. I understood she was frustrated. But me guessing wasn't going to make this happen. 

But it happened. All is good. The buyers have a lovely home. The sellers can move on with their life. And I can go write somewhere in the desert next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment