Monday, June 21, 2021

Writing Retreat Update

The first phase of my writing retreat is coming to an end. I originally was staying until Wednesday, heading home and going back on Saturday. Nope. I'm going home tomorrow early afternoon and heading back here Saturday until the end of the month. 

I've gotten a lot of edits done in my book. The two hardest chapters (my book is arranged in months) are early in the story and deal with a lot of trauma. I'm half-way through the last bit of trauma and probably have another ten hours to go with just this. But it isn't happening on this leg of my journey. 

When I get home I have a seller meeting to go to later in the week. It is one of those, "we are thinking about someday selling. But right now we don't know what we don't know. Please tell us everything," kind of meetings. But I need to prepare because I still have a job. 

Speaking of jobs, I heard today that New Boss has threatened Marty. There were no witnesses. Part of me would like to stay longer while Marty gets it under control. The other part wants to go home and do what I can to support whatever decision he's bound to make. As long as he makes a decision. 


No comments:

Post a Comment