Thursday, December 9, 2021

Home to House

I've been processing the new home we've bought. I think it will do. For now. Or maybe for a longer now. I bought because of the location. The house is a mile from Marty's new job. It is close to everything we need (except Trader Joe's--that's in Dallas). The neighborhood is desirable, clean and well-maintained. The house has a few flaws I don't care for (like lack of storage and it needs another room). But those can be fixed. I can't fix location. 

Incidentally, the house is fine. The home inspection came back clean. And that is saying something for a 17 year old house. Our list of repairs was this: have the HVAC serviced and have the place professionally cleaned. That's it. There was no broken widget. No flux capacitor that needed to be replaced. The roof is great. The plumbing and electrical were flawless. 

My true issue with my new house is it isn't my home in Mesa. I love the house I live in now. I raised my babies here. It has been a great place for my Littles and a new generation of Littles to play hide and go seek and build forts. My kids learned to swim and read in our home. There was tears, laughter and a lot of love shelled out here. 

Every morning I look at the Texarkana house inventory to see if we missed out on a better house. So far we haven't. From what I can tell we got the best house for the money, and for that I'm grateful. I just hope it can be a home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment