Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Homeless

Our Mesa home closed today and now someone else owns it. I have emotions around that, but I'm too tired to explore them now. We still have possession until Friday, which is great because Art The Plumber has been working on the water leak that started yesterday--when I owned this house. As much as I would like to have passed this off on the new owners, there are reasons I didn't. More importantly, hopefully I will have water for the first time in 24 hours at some point. A shower awaits. 

All of our worldly possessions are in one of three places: packed in my living room (which is where I am, on the couch that was brought up from the basement) waiting for the uhaul tomorrow or in a pod on its way to Texas--this includes most of our furniture and who knows what else. We will see the pods, "on or before January 7." I can't find the Christmas presents, so we might be celebrating a tad late this year. Apparently Buckaroo put all his clothes into the pods as well, so he might be wearing the same outfit for the next three weeks.  

The third place we have our belongings is on a truck right now. We shipped two of our cars. My friend Wendy was over when this happened today. The sketchy-looking drivers showed up, a bit disorganized (insisting the cars were going to Dallas) and I was pleased the neighborhood children were nowhere nearby. They spoke as much English as I did Spanish, so our conversation had a few holes. Buckaroo took covert pictures of their ADOT number and license plates. One of the drivers dropped a document stated, "released on recognizance," that was in his possession and provided his parole officer. Additionally, the drivers were adamant I hand over the titles to the cars--I didn't. Wendy theorizes I have a 50/50 chance of getting my cars again. I am not sure I disagree. 

Right now the rest of the family is grabbing dinner while I babysit Art The Plumber. Tomorrow we load the Uhaul, drug the cat and head East.  

No comments:

Post a Comment