Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Queen Regina

 On Monday morning, my back aching from sleeping on the floor and tired of having to run to the dollar store for the basics (in this case band-aids because we had to buy a kitchen knife and it was a bit sharp), I called U-Haul to ask if I could get my stuff early. After all, what does "some time in January" truly mean? 

I will spare you the drama, but needless to say, U-Haul made a few mistakes along the way and our stuff was being held for ransom--unfortunately, nobody managed to tell me this until I called. Otherwise we could have had our worldly belongings before Christmas. 

Anyway, after an hour, I talked to Regina. She was the first person I spoke to who didn't brush me off, transfer me or explain that she simply couldn't help me. In fact, she did help. She took care of the basic issue (they wanted payment--but neglected to tell me this. In my defense, I thought I paid when it was delivered). When we were done, I asked to speak to her manager. I wanted to praise Regina for being so awesome. Anyone who can put up with my cranky-sore-back-I've-been-on-hold-and-transferred-to-who-knows-where voice and not flinch deserves high praise.  

When Regina's manager came on, I made sure to focus on Regina and how I'd been shuffled around and had not even realized there was an issue at all until Regina took charge. Perhaps Ms. Manager sensed my frustration or perhaps it was because I asked to speak with her and all I did was speak kindly about my experience with her employee. Whatever the case, Ms. Manager started tapping on her computer, made some magic happen and our stuff was delivered the very next day. 

My back is grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment