Thursday, April 14, 2022

April Showers

Every Wednesday afternoon I have a 12:30 meeting. Even Buckaroo knows to keep the dog out of the bedroom during this time. Mother Nature didn't see it my way yesterday, as she struck a lightening bolt on (or near) our home! (Polly and Buck swear it was on the house, and I felt the house shake). I felt the hairs on my arm stick up and light in the room flashed when it hit. The meeting attendants (located in three countries) all saw my background go white and then back to normal. It was surreal. No damage done to the house from what I can see. 

Interestingly enough, my friend Rhea texted me that morning. She heard about the tornado warnings and hail over here. She wanted to make sure we were ok. At that moment Polly was checking the weather app on her phone (yep, tornado warnings), Luna was in the hallway making herself as small as possible and Finn was in my closet. So, even the pets sensed the danger. 

Here are some of the pictures from the rain. Though they may not look impressive, I assure you, they are. Our garden beds are made from 10 inch planks. All that water happened over the course of less than two hours. 







No comments:

Post a Comment