Saturday, April 2, 2022

The Little Rock Run

Polly and I took a road trip to Little Rock today for supplies. We shopped at the usual: Costco and Trader Joes. We also went to lunch at a restaurant that looked better on the Internet and where the food reviews were obviously written by the staff's mothers. 

Little Rock allegedly has a population of 197,000 with the metro having a population of about 700,000. None of those folks were on the Interstate. They were all on the one road with the Trader Joes and Costco. 

I am much more of a fan of Little Rock than I am of Dallas. Less traffic, gas prices were slightly less than Texarkana (I have no idea how they'd compare in Dallas) and the groceries seemed to be what I paid in Dallas on my last run. And Little Rock is about a half hour closer to Texarkana. Plus, I have a friend who lived in the Little Rock area for a while a few years back. I thought about her all day. Happy thoughts. 

I'm told Shreveport is getting a Trader Joes this summer. Rumor has it the Costco just opened up too. Great news! That city is only 80 miles away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment