Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Random Texarkana

It's been a long week. Eric passed away on Friday. I figure St. Peter needed a bit of extra time to dust off his desk before processing Eric's intake. Now Eric is hanging out with our uncles and my dad (his uncle) and playing cards and checkers. Eric finally gets to sit at the big kids' table. 

 _______________


It is pretty and green here. Very pretty. Very green. This is Arizona Avenue last weekend. One of the cultural aspects I discovered is that folks don't have lawn sprinklers. This is the way the grass looks naturally. No wonder my water bill is $60. 



_______________

Making friends in a post-pandemic world is challenging enough. But add to that being an introvert, socially inept, shy, awkward and just moved here from Planet Arizona and you might begin to see why I have a few challenges. That said, one of the ladies from the Coronas invited me to join them again this Friday night! And it wasn't Tessa. The invitation came from another member. I had such a blast with them last month. These ladies are so down to earth. All three of you would fit in so well with them.  

Right now I am not sure I can make it (more on reasons for that in a future post), but I did ask to please reach out again if I don't show. I was told, "Of course!" But hopefully I can show up. I even know what I will bring if I can go: Nancy's Spinach Artichoke dip with bagel chips. 

Squee!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment