Monday, August 22, 2022

Last Day of Vacation

I'm hanging out at Bliz's house right now, camped on her couch while she primps before our outings. We are on a search today for Laura Scutters peanut butter (for me) and blood orange olive oil (for her). There are no words to describe the kind of friend who will take a day off from work to help me search for good peanut butter. She's been this kind of friend to me for almost 40 years. 

For her birthday (on Wednesday), I took her to Merimac Caverns. She'd never been, which was strange, because I'd been twice before. Missouri has a boat-load of caves, and now I'm on a mission to visit every one of them. 

Tomorrow I drive back home. I hear Texarkana has had some serious flooding. According to the Internet, thunderstorms are predicted my last three hours on the road. Oh goody. 

Pictures to come when I get back to normal life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment