Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Writer's Groups

So, after some serious consideration, I started a second writing group. Now don't get me wrong, I love my first writing group. We meet once a week. We are committed. I'm invested in the other members' characters. Annie, from South America, just sent me a note asking for an English definition to an action she didn't know how to describe. All four of us have these kinds of chats. Often. 

The reason I started a second writing group was two-fold. First, I wanted to work with other kinds of stories (for myself and others). My novel isn't going anywhere. I've been working on it all day, as a matter of fact. My Wednesday group is great. But, I wanted write something different once in a while. This new group gives me that opportunity. This past week, I posted a short story to the group. Perhaps I will post it here as well once its tweaked. 

The second reason is I have a friend who is writing a novel and wanted to join a writing group. There is simply no room in our first group for her. I like hanging out with other writers. This friend is stretching and growing in her journey. I can't wait to explore this with her. In addition, I found two other folks who want to write. They both seem to have diverse backgrounds. One is in California. The other in Pennsylvania. We are meeting for the first time this week. Looking forward to it.

By the way, if you are writing your 500 words a day and want someone to read what you wrote, hit me up. I will always read for other writers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment