Friday, November 11, 2022

Thursday Gratitudes

Thursday, I managed to make it to the weekly Catholic Bible Study. In addition, on my way there, I had the pleasure of visiting with one of my Arizona friends while I made the drive. A sweet start to my day. 

Though I knew about the Catholic Bible Study, I hadn't been going. The idea of getting dressed before 10 a.m. had been daunting and holding me back. My main goal in attending was to get to better know the people involved. And, as Marty explained, I really ought to give the Catholics a try, if I'm willing to give the Church of Christ ladies a go once a month. 

As it turned out, I knew a good portion of the people there--they are the same ones I see at mass and at the Catholic Woman's Auxiliary (more on that later). But the one I knew best was probably Joey, the 20-something who is discerning to be a priest and who sat next to me at last Saturday night's Trivia night. Spend two hours sitting next to someone, finding out what kind of trivial knowledge they have and you might feel like they are your long-lost son, too.  

After I left, I met Leah for lunch. Leah is one of the Coronas and happens to be part of the Church of Christ prayer group crowd. We chatted for three hours and had such a good time, we decided to make lunch a monthly event. Also, there are plans in place to get our 20-something daughters together for a Saturday outing some time in January. 

Of all the people I've met in Texarkana, I feel very comfortable saying, Leah is probably my first true friend. We hit it off months ago at the Corona night and have kept in touch since. This was the first time we've gone out on our own. 

As a side note, this Texarkana move has brought to the forefront what a great deal of gratitude I feel when I go out with someone new. I realize that person wants to spend time getting to know me. That's a huge honor. I feel the same with my Arizona friends who call me out of the blue to say hello. They take a few minutes out of their to chat. It means the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment