Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Turkmenistan has the Fourth Largest Natural Gas Resource on Earth

Tuesday night I had a zoom call with my 9 year old nephew, Patrick. We had a lovely discussion about how he felt he needed to change seats in his classroom because he doesn't want to sit next to his ex-girlfriend, who, according to him, makes "bad choices." 

Patrick also had a Power Point presentation about what was going on in his life that he shared. And when he was done with that, his father (my brother) suggested it was time for him to get his shower. However, Patrick said he had a video he just had to show me. And could he please, have a few more moments to take care of this? 

Twenty-five minutes later, I had sat through an enlightening video on Turkmenistan. There are about six million people in the country, which is the lowest population of all Asian countries. Their currency is Manat. The geography consists of a super-large desert in the middle of the country where nobody lives and the inhabitable areas on the outskirts.  

This time of year has been very difficult. This is my first Thanksgiving away from my brother and his family. It is also the first Thanksgiving without my father. So, if I had to be forced to watch a Turkmenistan video just to be with Patrick a little bit longer, so be it. I'd watch five videos with him just to have this time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment