Thursday, January 12, 2023

Fit for a King



According to the Internet,
it looks like this
(note the fancy sprig of mint).
 
Suzy shared with me her "king ranch" chicken dish that she will be making for February's Church of Christ prayer meeting. She tells me it is Mexican food and a favorite around these parts. This was her ingredient list. 

  • Chicken
  • Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • Corn
  • Rotel
  • Corn chips or tortillas (flour)
  • Beans (she didn't specify, I didn't ask for clarification)
  • "Queso" (which translates to Velveeta). 

Mix it all up, heat/bake or whatever and serve to an unsuspecting audience.

When Suzy saw the look on my face, she said, that all "Mexican food" around these parts has to include a can of Rotel. I was too polite to tell her that wasn't my true issue with that particular recipe.   

By the way, you can google the recipe. I did. None of the other variations I found included beans of any kind. So, I'm guessing Suzy is a bit of an artisan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment